AIANO FLS/RSG wire mesh round bulkhead guard is a robust guard designed to fit many popular makes of small round bulkhead fixture for wall or ceiling mounting. The FLS/RSG security lighting guard is hot-dip galvanised to provide maximum protection against corrosion, making it suitable for outdoor use. The AIANO FLS-RSG wire mesh round bulkhead guard is a round standard bulkhead guard, which means that it will suit many popular small round bulkhead models including the Thorn Leopard 16W.
These sturdy round bulkhead cages are made from steel weld mesh on a strong round bar frame, and are hot-dip galvanised. It is suitable for all kinds of bulkhead including LED lighting. The guards have welded lugs for fixing to the wall or ceiling. The FLS/RSG bulkhead cage will completely enclose your bulkhead and provide protection from damage in a wide variety of environments including housing association buildings, schools, sports facilities, stations and car parks.
Which guard size? Unlike radiator guards, for light guards there is no strict rule about the clearance required between the fitting and the guard. For most standard types of light fitting it is recommended that there be clearance of about 30-50mm between the fitting and the guard. Please see Additional Information for a partial list of compatible products.
Compatibility: AIANO FLS-RSG wire mesh round bulkhead guard is designed to fit many popular makes of small round bulkhead fitting. It is important to check the dimensions of your light fixture before purchasing a bulkhead cage.
- AIANO bulkhead guards are made from 25mm x 25mm mild steel weld mesh on a steel frame with welded lugs.
- Colour: hot dip galvanising provides the best possible protection from corrosion for mild steel. The galvanised finish starts as a bright ‘silver’ but dulls to a matt grey colour when exposed to rain and damp.
- Clearance: there is a natural ‘give’ in the mesh which is perfectly normal. We therefore recommend a clearance of 50mm between the light fitting and the guard.
- Finger-safe: If the guard must be finger-safe, i.e, an average adult finger cannot penetrate the mesh to touch the light fitting, the clearance should be extended to 75mm.
- Origin: the guard is manufactured in the UK from British and EU-sourced steel.
Contact us for further advice or guidance on selecting the right guard for your light fitting.