AIANO PIR/SKT socket guard is a robust, wire-mesh guard suitable for most standard double sockets. It features a cable cut-out in the bottom panel for the cable to drop. The PIR/SKT socket guard is powder-coated white to provide an attractive and durable finish, making it suitable for indoor use.
These sturdy, five-sided, wire-mesh cages are made from steel weld mesh on a strong round bar frame. It is suitable for most standard sockets. The wire guards have welded lugs for fixing to the wall or ceiling. The PIR/SKT socket cover will completely enclose your fitting and provide protection from damage in a wide variety of environments including housing association buildings, schools, sports facilities, stations, and car parks.
The AIANO PIR/SKT socket guard forms part of the AIANO sensor guard product range. These include several products for small bulkheads, PIR sensors, motion detectors, fire alarms, sockets and so on.
Which guard size? Unlike radiator guards, for sensor guards there is no strict rule about the clearance required between the fitting and the guard. For most standard types of fitting, it is recommended that there be clearance of about 30-50mm between the light fitting and the guard.
Compatibility: AIANO PIR/SKT socket guard is designed to fit most standard single and double electric sockets. It is important to check the dimensions of your socket before purchasing a socket guard.
MS Guardio supplies two different socket guards. SEE ALSO the AIANO FL/SOCK socket guard with front access flap.
If you cannot find the size you need, contact us for a quotation for a bespoke product.
MS Guardio supplies products manufactured by C. Aiano & Sons, a company that has been manufacturing quality, custom-made wire mesh products for 159 years and counting.
- AIANO sensor guards are made from 25mm x 25mm mild steel weld mesh on a steel frame with welded lugs.
- Coating: hybrid epoxy polyester powder coating is recommended for interior situations. For outdoor or exposed situations please see hot-dip galvanised guards.
- Clearance: there is a natural ‘give’ in the mesh which is perfectly normal. We therefore recommend a clearance of 50mm between the light fitting and the guard.
- Finger-safe: If the guard must be finger-safe, i.e, an average adult finger cannot penetrate the mesh to touch the light fitting, the clearance should be extended to 75mm.
- Origin: the guard is manufactured in the UK from British and EU-sourced steel.
Contact us for further advice or guidance on selecting the right guard for your socket.